Sunday, September 21, 2008

Just waiting

I'm waiting to get started with Kristen, but I have had some interesting news. I went back to the Dr. on Friday to get my test results. Turns out my cholesterol is 259, and my sugars/glucose is 104. Now 104 isn't bad--just low risk, but still at the high end of low risk, if that makes sense. Also, my BMI is now officially in the obese range. Ah, happy day. So, my doctor helpfully tells me to eat less fat (for the cholesterol) and fewer carbs (for the sugar), and now I really can't eat anything but, um, lettuce? But, as Dave says, as soon as I start losing eight, I will start to see these numbers reverse themselves. I am just happy that I'm seeing a OD--her first instinct was diet and support, not medication. I just love that!

I still go see the endocrinologist on Tuesday, and I'm sure she's going to have something to say about the sugars, too (endos deal with diabetes, too). Tuesday will be the big day, as I start with Kristen on Tuesday as well. Did I tell you that Dave is on board? I told him this is what I really wanted and that I could commit for 6 months, and he said, well, all right then!

I'll weigh tomorrow and hit the bike. I've discovered that the second season of Twin Peaks isn't enough to motivate me to hit the bike, so I'm back to the first season of Charmed in the DVD player. Each episode is 45 minutes, so I get an Aaron Spelling mindlessness fix and exercise at the same time!

BTW, your U-Pick-'Em is looking really bad LOL

No comments: